Happy Thursday and you know what that means - Altered Item Thursday!!! This item came to me in one of those "A-HA" moments. I was stamping the Simple Birthday Thanks cupcake to make a card and I thought it would make the perfect gift box...yup a box, that's what came to me and here's what I came up with, Simple Cupcake Box.
Here's a side view:
To make the cupcake front and back sides, I stamped the cupcake four times - twice on a sheet from the Bella Rose Designer Series Paper and twice on Very Vanilla card stock with Chocolate Chip Classic Ink. On the Designer Paper images, I cut out the bottom half and paper pieced it onto the Very Vanilla images. I colored the cherry in the Real Red, Pixie Pink and Always Artichoke Stampin' Write Markers and added a little bit of White Gel Pen details. To give it some glitz I added some Dazzling Diamonds and then added some Pink Micro Beads to the frosting. I set them aside to work on the box.
The box I decided to make is one a lot of you I'm sure have made before - just your typical box without the top. Here's a photo of the box with directions (you can click on the image to make it bigger):
- Start with 2-3/4" x 8-3/4" piece of card stock.
- On the 2-3/4" side score at 1-1/4"
- Flip your paper and on the 8-3/4" side score at 3/4", 3-1/4", 4-3/4", and 7-1/4"
- Working on the pieces under the score line, cut off the first panel; cut off some sections off the third and last panel to make a trapezoid.
- Once you finishing scoring and cutting you should have a piece that looks like the drawing above.
- Assemble the box with sticky strip.
Once the box was assembled, I added the cupcakes on the two longest side with stick strip. I tied a strip of Pink Pirouette Striped Grosgrain Ribbon around the box and on the shorter sides I used the Crop-a-Dile to make holes. I used another strip of Pink Pirouette ribbon for the handle and secured it with Designer Flower Brads.
It takes some step, but over all relatively easy to put together. Hope you find to make some or perhaps a few!