Happy Friday and welcome to another fun blog hop being hosted by members of StampTV's Center Stage Alumni. This time around, the hop is based on an Sketch Challenge. If you came from Cheri's blog, then you're right where you should be. You can also go to StampTV to see a list of all those participating.
Here is the sketch we had to work with.
For my card, I used the newly released Wishing You Joy StampTV Kit.
Doesn't this little guy get you in the mood for winter to get here already?! Here's how my card came together:
- Create a top-folding standard size card (4-1/4" x 5-1/2") out of white card stock.
- Towards the bottom of the card front add three 3/4" x 5-1/4" strips of patterned paper. Add two pearls on each strip.
- Tie a strip of ribbon around and towards the top of the card front. Add a double loop bow and a brad (I created the brad by using the same patterned paper I used for the strips and the iTop tool and accessories) in the middle. Set it aside.
- Emboss a piece of white card stock with the Snow Dots embossing folder and cut it out with a Spellbinders Classic die. Stamp the penguin on the cut out/embossed oval and adhere it to a slightly larger Ocean Mist scalloped oval die cut. Set it aside.
- On a piece of white card stock stamp the penguin twice and then again on a scrap piece of patterned paper. From the patterned paper penguin cut out the scarf, just the nose from one of the white card stock penguins (color the nose yellow), and then from the remaining penguin, the entire thing (add a very light shade of grey to the penguin's body for some contrast). Add the entire penguin to the Embossed Oval penguin, then the scarf, and finally the nose. Adhere the whole thing to the card front.
- Stamp the sentiment onto a piece of white card stock, punch it out and adhere it to a piece of Ocean Mist card stock. Adhere sentiment under the scalloped oval.
- Add a rhinestone to "J" and then some rhinestones to the end of the penguin's scarf. With that, you are done!
Stamps: Gina K. Designs: Wishing You Joy StampTV Kit
Paper: Gina K. Designs: Pure Luxury Ocean Mist and White card stock; Gina K. Designs Patterned Paper: Wishing You Joy
Ink: Memento: Tuxedo Black Ink
Accessories: Spellbinders: Classic and Scalloped Oval dies; Cuttlebug Embossing Folder: Snow Dots; i-Top punch and accessories; Oval Punch; Rhinestones; Pearls; Ribbon
We are also giving away a set! Make sure to leave a comment as you hop along because on Tuesday morning (November 1st), we will randomly choose one of the comments from all the blogs who will get a stamp set of their choice valued up to $24.95!
To continue to the fun, head on over to Betty's Blog to see her amazing card!
Thanks so much for stopping by!