Happy Thursday! The Design Team for Gina K. Designs welcomes you to a fun Take Flight blog hop. For this hop we will showcase the Petals and Wings StampTV Kit with the central theme being "Take Flight". The DT Members have all used a variety of stamps from this set to inspire you to get inky too! Come play along with the Current Challenges at Stamp TV!!!
I'm kicking off the blog hop, so you're right where you should be. If you get lost along the way or want to start off where you left off, please go to Stamp TV where you will find a list of all those participating.
I decided to embrace the Take Flight theme by using the lovely bird images in the Petals and Wings StampTV set. Here's what I came up with.
Here's how it came together.
- Create a 4-1/4" x 4-1/4" top-folding card base out of white card stock.
- Cut a 3-1/4" x 4" piece of patterned paper (I used Gina K. Designs Patterned Paper: Petals and Wings) and use a border punch on one end. On that same end, add a strip of ribbon and set an eyelet on either end. Thread some twine through the eyelets leaving a couple of inches on either side (you will use this later to thread through the hanger on the image). Add some bows on top of the eyelets and a pearl in the middle and set it aside.
- Stamp the bird image on a piece of white card stock, color it in, and cut it out with scallop oval nestabilities. Run it again through your machine with the Polka Dots embossing folder and add a hanger to the top of it. Thread the twine through the hanger and adhere the image to the card front with pop dots.
- Stamp the sentiment on blue card stock, punch it out, and run it through with the Polka Dots embossing folder. Adhere it to the bottom right corner of the card front.
- Finish it off with some pearls around the image, in between the scallops, and just under the sentiment.
I also decided to add a greeting to the inside and this is what that looks like.
Stamps: Gina K. Designs: Petals and Wings StampTV Kit
Paper: Gina K. Designs: Pure Luxury Baby Blue and White card stock; Gina K. Designs Patterned Paper: Petals & Wings
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Accessories: Scallop Oval Nestabilities; Cuttlebug Embossing Folder: Polka Dots; Scallop Punch; Scallop Border Punch; Pearls; Ribbon; Twine; Copics
Now hop on over to Cathy Tidwell's blog for more Gina K. goodness!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!