Happy Thursday! The Design Team for Gina K. Designs welcomes you to a Patterned Papers are Sew Fun blog hop. For this hop we will showcase the fabulous Gina K. Designs Patterned Paper line, stamps, and some fun sewing techniques! The DT Members have all used the wide variety of stamps and paper in this hop to inspire you to get inky too!! Come play along with the Current Challenges at Stamp TV!!!
I'm kicking off the blog hop, so you're right where you should be. If you get lost along the way or want to start off where you left off, please go to Stamp TV where you will find a list of all those participating.
In wanted to have the patterned paper be the focus so kept the addition of color to a minimum. Here's how it came together.
- Create a top-folding standard size card out of white card stock.
- Adhere a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of patterned paper to the card front by sewing around the edges with a zig zag stitch.
- To make the bottom pocket, cut a 2" x 4-1/4" piece of white card stock and emboss it with the polka dots embossing folder. Sew it onto the card front - just three sides, making sure you leave the top open to use as a pocket.
- Add pearls to the top corners of the card front; tie some ribbon towards the bottom of the card front on top of the pocket; and finish it off with an embellishment in the middle (I made a flower out of wire and thread a pearl in the middle of it). Set it aside.
- Stamp the note image and Just a Note sentiment (from the Vintage Notes set) onto white card stock. In the middle, stamp the birthday sentiment (from the Sweet Strawberries set) and highlight the word Sweet with a pink and red Copic marker. Cut it out and adhere it to a slightly larger piece of red card stock. Place it inside the pocket on the card front. Set it aside.
- Stamp the flower image (from the Sweet Strawberries set), color it in, cut it out, and adhere it to a paperclip. Add paperclip to the note and with that, you are done!
Stamps: Gina K. Designs: Sweet Strawberries by Theresa Momber and Vintage Notes by Tami Mayberry
Paper: Gina K. Designs: Pure Luxury Lipstick Red and White card stock; Gina K. Designs Patterned Paper: Berries & Vines
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Accessories: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder: Polka Dots; Wire; Paperclip; Pearls; Ribbon; Copic
Next on the hop is the amazingly talented Cathy Tidwell. She'll have more Gina K. goodness to share with you!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!