Happy Monday! I'm hosting this week's Mix it up Monday challenge over at StampTV (STV13MON48) and hope you'll be able to join in!
I thought it would be fun to challenge you to use anything but black ink to stamp your images...that's right, any other color ink except for black! To get you started below are a new card and tags I designed for this challenge.
First up is a card featuring Let it Snow by Theresa Momber and stamped with Gina K. Desings Color Companions Blue Denim Ink and Gina K. Designs Color Companions White Pigment Ink.
I wanted to create a smaller card, one that could be used as a note card, but regardless the design would work just the same regardless of the size. Here's how it came together.
- Create a 4" x 4" card front out of GKD Pure Luxury White Card Stock.
- Use a corner rounder on all four edges.
- Stamp the sentiment with GKD Color Companions Blue Denim Ink and set it aside.
- On a piece of 2" x 4" piece of GKD Pure Luxury Black Onxy Card Stock, stamp the snowflakes with GKD Color Companions White Pigement Ink, and use the corner rounder on the top corners. Adhere it to the card front.
- Adhere a strip of GKD Color Companions Black Onxy Grosgrain Ribbon across the card front and then a strip of GKD Color Companions Powder Blue Organza Ribbon on top of it. Out of a strip of GKD Color Companions Powder Blue Organza Ribbon, make a bow and adhere it to the left of the card front on top of the strips of ribbon.
- With a white pen, add some dots around the snowflakes.
- Add pearls to the middle of the snowflakes and with that you're done!
Stamps: Gina K. Designs: Joyful Holiday by Theresa Momber
Paper: Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury Card Stock: Black Onyx White
Ink: Gina K. Designs Color Companions Ink: Blue Denim and White Pigment
Accessories: Gina K. Designs Color Companions Ribbon: Powder Blue Organza Ribbon; Gina K. Designs Color Companions Buttons: Tuxedo Mix; Pearls; White 101 PITT Faber-Castell Artist Pen
Next up is a set of tags using Poster Board Christmas set by Rebecca Oehlers inked up with Gina K. Designs Color Companions White Pigment Ink.
I wanted to get started on my holiday projects and thought tags was the perfect way to start off. Here's how they came together.
- Using a piece of GKD Pure Luxury Black Onxy Card Stock, cut tags using a die of your choice (I used an AccuCut die).
- Using GKD Color Companions White Pigement Ink and a dauber, ink the tags. Make sure to add a little bit at time - it's easier to add ink and impossible to take away. So patience is the key at this step.
- Stamp the sentiment in the middle of the tag using GKD Color Companions White Pigement Ink. To speed the drying process use a heat gun.
- Set and eyelet in the middle of the top of the tag.
- Thread some ribbon through the tag, tie a piece of twine around the ribbon into a bow and add a pearl in the middle of bow.
- Adhere a ribbon rose to the bottom right corner of the tag and with that, you're done!
Stamps: Gina K. Designs: Poster Board Christmas Set by Rebecca Oehlers
Paper: Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury Card Stock: Black Onyx
Ink: Gina K. Designs Color Companions Ink: White Pigment ink
Accessories: Gina K. Designs Color Companions Ribbon: Cherry Red Grosgrain Ribbon; Dauber; Pearls; Twine; Ribbon Roses; AccuCut Tag; Eyelet
Thanks so much for stopping by!!!